Tuesday, November 8, 2016

"Bon Voyage Dinner "



Daikon Slices & Apple Wedges are for Miso & Blue Cheese Dip

Our good friends are going to Japan to visit their family this week.  
To say Bon Voyage I invited them for dinner over the weekend.  
Since they will be enjoying good Japanese foods over there I thought it is better for me to do a Japanese Dinner before they remember what is Good Japanese Foods are.
In Japan you can find "YHO SYOKU"  Which is the Japanese take on Western Food. The most popular dish will be Pork or Chicken Cutlet, or Curry, Hamburger( more like Salisbury Steak).
I choose Chicken Cutlets as a main course.   Which is almost always plated with jullienned Cabbage and Potato Salad at most restaurants over there.  So I tried to duplicate that restaurant style Chicken Cutlet Plates as a "Bon Voyage Dinner"
Dinner started with Japanese Style Appetizers, and Concluded with Sliced Matcha Cake with Pistachio Ice-Cream and Green Tea.   
What was my guests' reaction ?  I think they are ready for Japanese meals.

Stuffed Chikuwa(Fish Cake) &  Ham Wrapped String Beans

Chicken Cutlet with Patato Salad & Cabbage


No comments:

Post a Comment