Saturday, September 22, 2012

"Carnival in Provincetown"



A little over than a month ago I was on Cape Cod for our annual visit, to P-Town (Provincetown) to be specific.  The third week of August is P-Town's Carnival Week.  My very first visit to P-Town in the 80s was Carnival Week.  
Jonathan and I have been going there to visit Rob & Brian every summer for many years.  We rediscovered how much fun it is to be in P-Town for Carnival Week 5 summers ago.  Since that summer we are going there the 3rd Week of August.  And I even blogged about it past two summers.  So there is no way for me not to show you some photos from that afternoon.


The main event of Carnival Week is the Carnival Parade which happens onThursday afternoon.  The theme of the Carnival changes every year. 
Naturally people in the parade are wearing costumes which are their own interpretations of it.  This year's theme was " SPACE ODYSSEY"  I happen to be in the supermarket a day before and I saw more than a few people were getting rolls of Foil.  I already knew it will be a parade of Silver Sparkly things coming down the Commercial Street.   Sure enough we saw dresses, shorts, shoes, and head-piaces in Silver that day...

 Here comes the parade !
















" The Hat Sisters "
P-Town's Own Celebrities.
They always dress like twins and always Hats.
Without them Carnival is never be the same.....

After the parade...
Something about the Head Dresses without the Sisters is very sad.
Even if they are with Bright Pink Feathers...



No comments:

Post a Comment