Tuesday, October 23, 2012

"Orange October"


Bittersweet & Balloon Flowers.

October is almost over, already.  
We are getting into the best harvest time of the year at Farmers' Markets.  
I love going to Union Square Saturday morning in Autumn, my favorite season. 
Since Halloween is next week, pumpkins are everywhere. 
When you see those orange pumpkins coming out from farmers'  trucks you will know Autumn is a full swing.
In New York City, trees are still having green leaves, fall foliage has not arrived here yet.   It will take another week or so, but famers' tables are decorated many colors already, specially by Orange Colored Produce.  I think Orange is the color of the Autumn, along with Yellow.  I'll look for Yellow Vegetables next Saturday.

"Pumpkin Delivery."







Bitersweet is showing up on farmers' white tables.  
When Morning Sun Light cascades over them, it not only makes the orange color brighter, it also makes great looking shadows on them.  I just couldn't stop taking photos of that.  Pumpkins are wonderfully orange, but  carrots are still bright and some of Beets and Peppers are coming in that color as well.
My personal choice of Pumpkin for the table is "Kabocha"  Even if they call it "Kabocha Squash" for me they are pumpkins.  Look at their flesh, they are definitely Pumpkins.
This is what veggies from Farmers' Market look like before I put them into the oven.  I love roasted veggies to be a little over done.  
Just because those brown burn makes veggies much tastier, even thought  they don't give me great photos for this blog.





No comments:

Post a Comment