Saturday, November 1, 2014

"The Day After"



I heard that last night's Halloween Parade in the village was big one, even if last night got quite cold.  I didn't go there to see what people became for one night.
I used to spend so much time making my costume to be part of the parade.  Those days are over.  In recent years, I don't even watch it on TV.  I feel "Halloween" got too commercial.  But, I love walking through my neighborhood seeing decorated town houses and children having fun collecting candy.
I woke up this morning with the sound of rain.  I guess the rain goddess waited to visit us the day after.  Every street and house had been cleaned by it.  Everything looked fresh and almost like nothing happened last night.








I wanted to show you how people decorated their houses in Chelsea.
All these houses are within 3 blocks from where I live.  Even after the rain those spider webs, ghosts, skeletons, witches are still on staircases and in front yards, I wonder when they will be disappearing...






This is the first year I eyewitness what happens to pumpkins after Halloween Night.   In my neighborhood Chelsea in Manhattan, people are moving carved pumpkins to the local park to be discarded.  This is sponsored by a local organization to make them into compost.  I think this is a great thing for children to learn.  Everything is done with great care, and you can have fun from beginning to end...









No comments:

Post a Comment