Wednesday, March 23, 2016

"Yukata-Ji Tote"





 Jonathan had Yukata-Ji (Cotton Fabrics for Casual Kimono which Japanese wear in the Summer) Print Samples from Japan for long time.  When I decided to be a part of "White Elephant Sale" at the Japanese Buddhist Church this coming Saturday, he told me "Why don'y you make something beautiful with these !"  Even thought I was making something else fat that time, I couldn't refuse his offer.  
They had some small stains and original stickers with code-numbers for prints, but I kept all as they were.  After all these Print Samples are Vintage.  
Some of prints are just so beautiful, so that they needed to be kept simple.  But others are needed to have something.  I thought making them into Patch-Work will be interesting.
So, these are tote-bags I made with those "YUKATA-JI".
Hope you will come to the bazaar to see them, maybe you will want to have them for this Summer...








No comments:

Post a Comment