Sunday, September 4, 2016

"TENUGUI Garments"



Before I left for Cape Cod I made a few more garments in TENUGUI. 
If you can remember, I posted the whole process of Making TENUGUI-Pants in July.


These TENUGUIs are not all vintage ones, they are only a few years old.  And came from my friends in Tokyo.  Since I've got more than one of the same prints I thought it is better to use the same print in one garment.  If you can read Japanese you can tell where those TENUGUIs are from.
I specially love the Firework Print which I made into a Short Sleeve Shirt.  I think it's perfect for Summer Vacation.
The Japanese Prawn Print is a Vintage TENUGUI.  I thought they are the perfect companion for Sushi Prints, and I made into a Short-Pant.
The thing about making Garments with TENUGUI is that I can have so much fun by playing with how to cut them and what I'm going to make into.....
I have a feeling that I'll be making more items with TENUGUI as long as I get TENUGUI from Japan.

< Short Sleeve Shirt >



< Short Pant >



< Cropped Pant >



Special Thanks to Fumiko, and Yasushi.
Without their great gifts from Japan those garments would not be realized.
And I still have more TENUGUIs from them to make into something Special.


No comments:

Post a Comment