Thursday, December 13, 2018

"KIMONO REFASHIONED"





I went to Newark to see the exhibition titled "KIMONO REFASHIONED"  
It was a small show nothing like shows at the MET.  It took about 1 hour to see whole thing.  Only few people were in the space beside us, no walking around other people who are busy talking to their friends which I experience everytime I go to the MET to see any fashion exhibitions.  That made my very first visit to Newark Museum very pleasant.  If I payed more attention to the title for the show, I didn't expected to see more KIMONOs.  Since I didn't, naturally I was surprised to found there were only few KIMONOs and Japanese Objects in the show.  But Japanese fashion was very well represented by Hanae Mori, Issey MIyake, Yohji Yamamoto, and Rei Kawakubo and Junya Watanabe for Comme des Garcon. Surprisingly I also found few of my favorite designer Madeleine Vionnet's great creations along with Chanel and Dior.
It will be on till January 6, '18 I think it well worth to go see it....











No comments:

Post a Comment