Wednesday, October 30, 2019

"Bags from Vintage KIMONOs"



Silk Tote Bags

Silk Grocery Bags

For those who couldn't make to Up-Town on Saturday.
Those were Bags I made from Vintage KIMONOs.  
I had few minutes to take photos of them, 
before started to go to the New York Buddhist Church.
I did OK at the bazaar,
But I still have some left after the event.
I guess I can use them for Christmas.
After all they are all handmade by me...

  




The most challenging part of making those bags is.
to find fabrics to go with those Vintage KIMONOs.
Because I'm selling some of the as "Grocery bag" I had to make them strong.  
Specially bottom part of them.
Believe it or not sometimes I ended up with quite expensive fabrics.
At this time, a coordination for striped fabric is Cavalli's(Italian High Fashion Designer)
Original Textile with Metallic 3 dimensional print.

I think it came out very stylish.
I may even make one for myself for this fall Season.....

No comments:

Post a Comment