Friday, June 18, 2021

" Flowers & Geometrics "



 These are vintage handkerchiefs I selected for Summer Masks from Jonathan's Collection.  Just like I made for last holiday season, I decided to make more masks for friends & family.  
As our vaccinations continue mask wearing is not essencial like before.  But people are still choosing to wear them even for outdoor activities.  In NYC, we are still required to wear them when we take subways and buses.  Many of our friends are using them even to go to the Saturday Morning Farmers' Market. 
When I decided to make Summer Masks by some requests I needed to chose lighter colors & motives for the season.  As you well know handkerchiefs come in many qualities and sizes.  Some of them are large enough to make two, others are just big enough for one.  So  I think I can call these "Couture Masks"


from left over fabrics I could make a few Patchwork Masks.
They are literally "Couture Masks"


As I finishing making Summer Masks I remembered I had few TENUGUI & Handkerchieves from Japan which had geometric prints on them.  I thought they will make Fun Masks for Summer.
So, I continued cutting them up to make masks.  I thought not many men are ready to wear masks with flower prints, but those geometric print will be great ones for men.



They are all 3 layered 100% Cotton, hand washable masks.
I recommend you to wash well after each use.
Hang dry overnight, it will be ready to use again in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment