Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"Afternoon Tea"




Last week we had a few Spring Like Days, but this Winter is not finished yet. 
Over night we had snow again.  Back to Winter !
On the way to Chelsea Market to pick up Smoke Salmon and Prosciutto, I saw balloons trapped on the tree. They are covered with snow. I loved those balloons, because they're almost like sugar coated Bonbons, something like we are going to have this afternoon. Also, they are screaming "PARTY TIME !"


These are the things I chose to use this afternoon.
Green Traditional Dutch Bread Box I found in Amsterdam long time ago.
Shop owner told me that people used keep their Bread in this kind of box.
I carried this one back on my lap on a plane from there !


I heve few friends over for "Afternoon Tea" today. 
One of our friends is going to visit her family in Japan for 2 weeks, this could be a "Bon Voryage Party" for her.
I have never done "Afternoon Tea Party" before.  But, how difficult could it be to make Tea Sandwiches for a few friends ?
In England they have "Afternoon Tea" around  3 ~ 5 PM. 
Traditionally Tea Served in Tea Pot with Sandwiches (such as cucumber, water cress, egg,  ham, smoked salmon), Scones (with clotted cream and jam) and cakes and pastries.
"High Tea" is served much later like 5 ~ 6 PM.
This is more of an Early Evening Meal, this would usually consist of Cold Meats, Eggs or Fish, and Cakes and Sandwiches, and of course Tea. 
They say it is now followed later by a Light Evening Supper.  
So today I stick with "Afternoon Tea".  This sounds much easier to handle...
Since today is the end of 3day Weekend, it will be better to have an afternoon gathering than an evening party.


I made "Salmom Sandwiches" and "Prosciutto Sandwiches" already.
Now I start making Two kinds of "Cucumber Sandwiches".
One is traditional with Watercress.

For the extra crunch and color,
I am adding a thin slice of Watermelon-Radish 
to the other Cucumber Sandwiches.


My selection for today's Teas are 
Hand Knotted "Jasmine-Tea" Souvenir from ", 
"Green Marco Polo" from "Mariage Freres",  
Lychee Flavored Black Tea from "Ten Ren Tea",
I also made Meyer-Lemonade for refreshment.


All guests have arrived.
 Open the Sandwich Box.
Jasmine-Tea Flower is open in the Glass Pot, Ready to serve !

Other Part of "Afternoon Tea"
Biscuits and "Nutella", Scones with "Strowberry Butter", 
"Chocolate Cherry Bread", and "Petits Fours"


4 kinds of Dainty Bitable Sandwiches.
Smoked-Salmon with Cream Cheese Spread.
Prosciutto with Pesto and Parmagiano.
Cucumber and Watermelon-Radish with Butter.
Cucumber and Watercress with Butter and Mayonnaise.

No comments:

Post a Comment