Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Namesake ?


"NUNO"
Printed Wool Challis Scarf. 
Same print on Wool Jersey made into Pull-Over Top.


This blog is titled "Scarf Boys".  My very first blog I explained how this happen.
It is something to do with our Collection of Scarves.
But I haven't show any of my scarves for while. 
As a "NAMESAKE", it is time for me to post some pictures of Winter Scarves. 
Even thought Spring is far away. I better hurry up to do it before it's too late !
Yes, we (Jonathan & I ) have many scarves to wear all year around. But Specially in Fall to Winter, we always have scarf on. Many of them are from "NUNO" in Tokyo, but we have been collecting scarves in Europe as well.


Found it in "Antwerp"
Cashmere Stripe Knit Scarf.

 Got it in "Como"
Printed Cashmere Flannel Scarf.

We never use same scarf two days in a row.  
Good thing about having many scarves is even if you wear same coat every day, by changing a scarf will make different impressions for people. Unless your coat is so special so that people will not forget it easily.
In my case, this year's coat is becoming the one. I made this Ombre-Coat sometime ago, but I did not start wearing it until this Winter. This may be the most complimented garment of mine by strangers on the street. 
Even for this coat, I have a few scarves to wear with it. 
One is almost too "Matchy Matchy" but I do wear them together quite often. 
Other one is completely opposite color scheme. But I love them together for some reason. Believe me, these scarves keep me warm very well. And some times some Vermillion-Ombre scarf gives me a "Pick me Up !" feeling which we need in this Very Harsh Snowy Winter.


Two ways of wearing my "Ombre-Coat"


When you put a simple coat on, you can wear Statement Scarf with it.  
That scarf could be a bright single colored big scarf, or graphic patterned big scarf, or something totally unique thing such as Kimono-Sash used as a scarf. Which I do all the time.
We love Big Scarves because they are versatile, dramatic, and luxurious. 
Best of all they protect our face & ears from Cold Winter Wind.
Take a look in your closet carefully you may find some scarves you haven't used for while, or you may even find some fabrics you want to use as a scarf. They are just waiting to be reached by you and will make you warm and happy.
Don't be shy, try whatever you like to wear around your face.
They may change your Mood for that day !  They will surprise you !


 "NUNO"
Colored Polka Dots Jacquard Scarf.

"NUNO"
Mosaic Check Jacquard Scarf.

"NUNO"
Zigzag & Circle Jacquard Scarf.

Japanese Antique Shop in San Francisco.
Black & White Silk Hand Tie-dyed Kimono-Sash.

"Dianne B"
Printed Wool Challis Scarf which came with matching Shirt.


"NUNO"
Red & Brown Tribal Jacquard Scarf. 

"NUNO"
Brown Gray Taupe Random Stripe Scarf.


"NUNO"
One side is simple dot but other side is Bearded Dot.


"Comme Des Garcons" 
Extra Long Patchworked Iridescent Velvet Scarf.
I wear this one only once or twice a Season.

***** All clothing is Designed and Made by Hiroki H *****

No comments:

Post a Comment