Sunday, October 2, 2011

"Fashionable Legs" by Nick Cave




As you all well know "Chelsea" became New York City's "Art Gallery Destination" for while.
Even though I live in Chelsea, somehow I don't visit Galleries often enough. 
But, every now and then I do feel like doing a "Gallery Walk"
Since I'm off to San Francisco soon, I decided to do it Saturday afternoon. 
Some of shows may not be here by the time I'm back to NYC.
This New Season, many places are having Shows by Big Names.  
Roy Lichtenstein, Richard Serra, Matthew Barney, Do Ho Suh, to name a few.  
But my favorite show was by Nick Cave. 
He was a dancer, became an artist who makes Fantasy World's Fashion.  
If you like sparkly things, you will love his shows.  They are happening at "Jack Shainmam Gallery" & "Mary Boone Gallery" in Chelsea.
These 2 shows are titled "Ever-After", one part is completely monochromatic, the other part is simply Happy Multi Colored Tableaus. Both parts of show have many things happening all over the gallery spaces. Your eye will jump all over, every second when you are in those spaces. 
It was so hard to take photos of them. So, I decided to focus on the lower part of human-like tableaus.
They are all standing on the 5~10" high platform, I felt just like seeing the Fashion Shows in a Fantasy Land.
I won't say any more, just take a look at those pictures I took that afternoon.  
If you'd like to see rest of his work, you better hurry up to come to Chelsea.  
It will close on 10th of October.
Here Comes Fantastic Legs.....


at "Jack Shainman Gallery"
They are all covered with Buttons.
And buttons are all sewn individually.....

Covered with Black Shell Buttons.

Covered with White Shell Buttons.

********************************************************************

at "Mary Boone Gallery"











 This is how part of show looked.
As you can see, many colors, materials, and textures 
are all mixed up in one big room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment