Friday, November 25, 2016

" Vegetable Cups for Thanksgiving "



Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Dinner yesterday.
We went to our friends Jonathan D. & John's Home to celebrate this Holiday with friends as every year for last about 15 years or so.  They have been hosting this great Holiday Dinner for 48 years.  Yesterday was a another fantastic one as always.
They asked me to make a side dish instead of a Veggie Basket this year.  And I was getting a little tried of making it.  So, when they asked me to do a side dish, it was a happy surprise.  This thanksgiving I made "Stewed Hijiki Seaweed with Edamame." 
But, I still wanted to bring some veggies for cocktail hours.  Since this was my extra contribution to the party I had freedom to do it with different presentation for CRUDITE.  I was wondering if I can use cabbage leaves as a cup to hold vegetable sticks.  And if I make small cups for guests they can hold own cups, then don't need to stand by the table with their drinks.  I thought that will make conversation flow before the dinner.  Result was....








Vegetable Sticks are Watermelon-Radish, Daikon-Radish, French-Breakfast-Radish.
Sugar-Snap-Pea, Japanese-Turnip. 
Cups are filled up with Carrot-Ribbons before I placed vegetable sticks in.
I also made Miso-Goma Dip and Dukkah-Dry-Dip(always served with Olive-Oil).

They are ready for Guests' Arrival.






If you are wondering what was on the plate, here is the menu.
By the way, Jonathan F. designed the menu for the night.



No comments:

Post a Comment