Friday, January 6, 2017

"OSECHI 2017"



Happy New Year everyone.  Hope it started on a high note.
Mine started with the Traditional Japanese Food Osechi, Zoni, Auspicious flowers and friends.  I have been doing this how long ?  I can't remember.  
But It became the Annual New Year's Day Luncheon.  
Preparation started few days before including digging out the tableware and linen. Some of them are only use once a year.  Those Imari-porcelain surely put me in the mood.  Of course shopping and cooking had to be done way before New Years Eve. 
  
< Table Set >


< The Feast Starts >


< OSECHI Course >




< ZONI Course >


< After The Party >

Table ware did their work.  And I did my dish washing.  
Now they were ready for the next party.  
Some how winter afternoon sun light cast a fantastic shadow over them.  
It looked like still celebrating the year of Rooster.  


**If you interested to know about OSECHI & ZONI, 
   please take a look my past New Year's Day Blog posts.
   Those are links for those pages.



No comments:

Post a Comment