Saturday, November 16, 2019

"Dimitris Papaioannou - The Great Painter in Theatre"




Jonathan & I went to BAM last night to see performance piece call "The Great Tamer"
It was conceived and directed by Dimitris Papaioannou.
The first time I saw his work was the 2004 the Athens Olympic Games.  
He created the Opening and Closing Ceremonies.  They were quite memorable to me.  Since then I've been following what he was doing, and looking for a chance to see his creation in person.  I believe this is the first time he came to USA to show his creation.  There is no way I'll miss this chance...
When we entered the Opera House in Brooklyn, there was a person who were laying on the great looking stage ready to start.  As you well know you are not permitted to take photos once performance starts.  So I had only few moment to take snap shots before the house got dark. 
I found a short video of introduction of this performance in YouTube.  So, I'll include it in this page.  
I hope you will have chance to go to the BAM to see it, and tell me what you think ?






I think this video was taped in CHINA after their performance.
Chinese insert may irritates you a little, 
but I think this one will give you most idea what is last night performance is all about.
"be awake, but they are offering a dream."


Performers are taking a bow for the approse.

No comments:

Post a Comment