Tuesday, November 5, 2019

"Taste of Autumn from Japan"



My dear friend(M.G.) came back from Japan last week.
She met my friend(T.K.) in Tokyo, and they had great time over a dinner.
Before she(M.G.) left here, I asked my friend(T.K.) in Tokyo if she'll be able to get very special sweet from NAKATSUGAWA, nearby NAGOYA.
After all she(T.K.) is the one who introduced me to this sweet call "Kuri Kinton"
They are available only the Autumn months in that area of Japan.
When she(M.G.) told me that she carried back a box from Tokyo, I got so excited.
It is made only from Chestnuts.(with a small amount of sugar added)
Cooked Chestnuts are carefully wrapped with thin cloth to make small bite size sweets.  No special decoration is applied.
This very rustic looking Chestnut Candy is the best of Autumn Taste to me.
Believe me, it is much better than "Marron Glace" from Paris.



A perfect tea time in Fall, before bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment