Monday, December 27, 2010

Quick Report from Snowed-In NYC.


This is what I saw first thing in the morning.

Hope everybody had great Christmas. 
From Florida to Maine, the East Coast had the First Snow Storm this winter.
In New York, snow started falling down the day after Christmas until early this morning. I don't think I have ever seen this much snow in this city in just one night. I've been living in this city for long time...  News Report said that this is the 6th biggest storm in the City's history. 
I think we even saw the lighting in the night.


"the View from the window."
Back Yard had wonderful snow stripe, hope she will not destroy by Shovel.

"the View from the window."
Other side of back yard  had new patio-set.

There are many people who are stuck on the roads since last night. 
Some are with a grandmother or a few kids in the car. Many tourists are stuck at airports. Trains are all canceled. Very few Buses & Subways are running. People start walking to get to the places if they must go.  Some are cross-country skiing on the avenues.
Snow stopped falling, but snow is not going anywhere. Strong Wind stirs up the snow all over the city.
Every time this kind of bad thing happens, I'm always surprise how resilient people are in New York City. Of course this morning I saw them. 
A lady who was walking 3 dogs. A girl was running on the 10th Avenue. A boy caring his bicycle. We will see more than a few Snowmen will appear by end of today all over the city. 
There I was taking a picture of Snow Covered City.
Believe me,  I was not the only one who was using a camera this morning.


"West 22nd street"

"Boy & his Bicycle"
There was no way you can ride a Bicycle or Car this morning.

"Dogwalker"
Believe it or not, she had been walking with 3 Dogs since 8AM.

Yes, she was Running !

Making a Snowman.

I think they too were making a Snowman ?

Stairs are completely disappeared by the snow.

"Holiday Butterflies."

I can't imagine many stores are open for business, so I'll make a soup with what ever I can find my fridge. This is the reason I always keep box of "Chicken Stock" in the kitchen.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog. All posts have something to learn. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Dried Whole Shrooms

    ReplyDelete