Friday, December 24, 2010

" The Tree "




It is Christmas.
If you are visiting New York City, you have already been Rockefeller Center to see the Tree. We New Yorkers who live here, are probably trying not to go there altogether until January 10 or so. I myself did not go to Rockefeller Center at Christmas Time for at least 10 years. But since I started blogging this Fall, I decided to take photos of the World Famous Christmas Tree for people who did not have chance to come to see it, specially friends in Japan.
I started to go there almost a month ago to see and take pictures, way before it got Lights. So you can see how the Tree changes its appearance.

This is the Norwegian Spruce delivered from Connecticutt.
Before preparation starts, but still looks great enough for our city.

I guess you need to have this kind of "Scaffolding"
 in order to have million Christmas Lights .

I did not know decorators need to wear such 
Unfashionable Green Helmets! 
Mind you I saw more than a few workers putting lights on the Trees.

This is the Crystal Star Tree Topper. Of course made by "Swarovski"

The day of "Tree Lighting Ceremony".
Spot-Lights were set up for other stars of the night.
This Tree will be never the same after that night.

Jonathan and I went there early evening yesterday for the final shots of the Tree, it had to be at night. It was a very cold and windy night.  
But as we walking down the Fifth Avenue, we could feel many people gathering there to see the Tree.
Yes, most of them were tourists. But they were bringing Christmas Spirits among us. Yes they were walking too slow by New Yorker's standards, yes they were blocking the side streets by walking together side-ways like they do at the mall. But some how we could pass by without cursing them.  
Beside we had to take a pictures of Christmas Decorations of the shops, for that it was good not to walk too fast !
We have not done this for long time. We NewYorkers will not take pictures of the city, although if I take pictures in the city, people will think I'm a Japanese tourist not a resident.

The Big Tree is company by many small undecrlated trees. 
Some how they are look shy to be at the place.

I must say, the Tree looks fantastic !!
Everyone who was there was saying so.

You can hardly see the massive tree trunks from far away.
But that is the reason the tree can stand there for many weeks.

"Picture Perfect"

The city gets so pretty this time of the year.
I almost forgot how beautiful Fifth Avenue could be. As I said before, I  had not walked down the Fifth Avenue at night for so long. 
This is the reason people come here from all over the world for Holiday Season.
It is musical. Most of stores are decorated with lights and creativity.  Where else you can see this much Special Make-up for the buildings.
If you do not mind walking in the cold night, this is the time to do it, before decorations are gone. I guarantee you will have smile on your face...

"Snow Flakes" on Saks Fifth Avenue.

"Cartier Red Ribon"

Be dazzled with Silver & Gold Lights.

 "Trump Tower" never be so pretty.

The Star at 5th Avenue & 57th Street.
The Other Symbol of the Holiday Season in NYC.

1 comment:

  1. I just want to thank you for sharing your information and your site or blog this is simple but nice Information I’ve ever seen i like it i learn something today.  Dried Whole Shrooms

    ReplyDelete