Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Left Over "Osechi and Mochi" for Lunch.


 My Favorite Way to have "Mochi"

I believe this is how, many Japanese eat "Osechi & Mochi" after New Year's Day.
It is a quick Meal with Leftover, can be served for Lunch or Late Supper.
Yesterday afternoon I got very hungry but I did not want to go out for Lunch. 
So, I made this plate and a strong cup of Green Tea. 
This was perfect, at least for me...
The black square thing is "Tsukeyaki Mochi (Roasted Mochi wrapped with Seaweed Sheet)".
Then, Stewed Vegetables (Satoimo, Shiitake, Takenoko, Carrot, Snowpea.) and Kinpira (Carrot & JapaneseTurnip with Sesame Seeds). 
If you like to know what are those unfamiliar things, you must read my previous blog titled "Osechi in Manhhattan". 
For some people, this Lunch will be too exotic. But for me, a delicious Lunch which reminds me how I used spend the first week of New Years in Japan. 
For some of us Japanese who are living in foreign counties, this could be Nostalgic Food.
I don't know how many more of these plates I can still make before something runs out. 
But I'm sure I will enjoy all the leftovers .
The best thing is, this plate has no fat, completely Vegetarian. 
The worst thing is, If you are on "Non Carb Diet", you are in Big Trouble... 

No comments:

Post a Comment