Sunday, May 1, 2011

Before the "Royal Wedding".

I love Easter-Lilies specially with Pink Feather Hat Lady !

Many of us watched the Royal Wedding in London early Friday morning. 
Beside the Newly Wedded Couple, we are all still talking about the Head-Dresses. Most of fashion commentators are scoring ladies' outfits and "Hats and Fascinators".  They are also saying that Americans do not wear enough Hats. 
We should pay more attention to our heads when we decide to dress up !
Where were those people last Sunday ?
Easter was last Sunday. I decided to go to Fifth Avenue to see the Easter Parade.
Yes, that tradition is still alive and well in New York City.
I saw many Hats and Fascinators in the Parade and on the heads of spectators.  
When I got out of subway station at 5 Ave. & 53rd street, I immediately found some people with Hats. I had no idea that so many people would show up with Hats.  They were gathering to show their Hats, and see other people's Hats on Easter Sunday.
Not just ladies, men and kids, even their dogs showed up with Hats & Fascinators.
It was a very nice sunny day, Fifth Avenue was closed for traffic.  
People with Easter Hats were parading up and down on the Avenue. 
I found so many Flowers, Feathers, Eggs, Birds, Rabbits, or Butterflies on top of people's heads. Almost like a scene at Art-School Garden Party or something.... 
My choice was not to take pictures of those Hats.  
I wanted to find more traditional Easter Hats. Sure enough, I could see many well dressed people with great hats and great fashion sense. 
I spotted many Antique Hats & Fascinators, sometimes they were matched with Antique Clothes. Almost like outfits we see in books and movies ! 
Of course I couldn't help taking pictures of Cute Kids with Cute Hats... 
So, here are some of my favorite people who dressed up for the occasion.
What do you think ?


"COUPLES with STYLE"











"CHIC HATS and OUTFITS" 












And there were Hats I have to show you.
You just simply smiled when you see those Kids with Hats. Maybe they wore them just because their mommies made them so, but some of them are just so CUTE !
And there were those Colorful Hats. They were simply screaming for your attention, you just couldn't help taking pictures of them.
I was planning to stay at maybe an hour for a few pictures, but I ended up staying almost three hours. And I took more than 100 pictures of Hats & Fascinators !
And believe me, I was not the only one busy taking pictures of the Parade.
I have a feeling I'll be back to the Next Easter Parade even with a Hat ?  

"HAPPY KIDS with HATS"





"Hats, I must include in this post"





" Of course, Mr.Cunningham was working hard for the New York Times."

By the way, did you see the documentary film about him titled "Bill Cunningham New York" ?  I don't know where you can see it now. 
If you get a chance, I think you should see this film.
You will have a good time finding out who Mr. Cunningham is and what he does, and how he lives in New York. 
I have even more respect for what he does after that film. 
I've been seeing him with his work uniform from Paris at Union Square Farmers' Market and at other spots in Manhattan for many years. 
I've seen my pictures taken by him in Sunday New York Times Style Section. 
After that movie I am thinking of finding those pages from the New York Times as my Fashion Certificates.

No comments:

Post a Comment