Monday, August 29, 2011

After Irene's Visit.



The Morning After.
Blue Sky & Gentle Sun Light, almost like a early fall morning.
What a difference a day makes !


We had a visit by Irene. She was the first Hurricane to land on New York City past 20 years. Of course I got e-mail from friends on the West-Coast and in Europe and in Japan.  
No matter where you live, information will reach everywhere.  You can see what is happening all over the world.  Today's news in New York will be heard by tomorrow on TV everywhere. 
After Irene passed thought New York City, I went to the "Chelsea Pier" to see what was going on in Chelsea. It was quite a sight, many Europeans are there to see the skyline of New Jersey and Manhattan.  As you know, all Subways & Buses were stopped from Saturday noon to all day Sunday, those tourists were stuck in the City with nowhere to go. So it seemed, they were all there to take pictures to bring back home to show their family and friends how exciting to be in New York City when we had the hurricane of the century....
I couldn't help not taking photos for myself.  Since many friends are asking me how I am doing, I decided to post some of those photos on this blog page.  
Here they are.....


This is West 22nd Street on Sunday Early Afternoon.
Almost nobody was in the street except 2 runners. 

Even if Hard Rain was stopped, I needed to have my Rain Boots on.
I found these "French Boating Boots" in Barcelona.

The Art Installation on 22nd Street got 1 additional Black Element.

This was the only evidence of Irene's passing I could find .

 This was the Hudson River yesterday.
Sky was still grey, but Air was already fresh.
Can you find our "Gracious Lady" in the harbor far away ?


New Yorkers do our best to protect our home against anything. 
When we expect Hurricane's visit, we are accustom to place tapes on windows and doors. Even though, it does not do much for protection, it gives us some sort of comfort.  Stores do it, so do residences. Some do it neatly some do it more Artistically. I thought those windows were telling me to take pictures, so that they can show us how ready they were for Irene's arrival.









Even a Basement Entrance on the street gets special tape treatment.
I hope this graphic taping kept the rain from going into the basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment