Sunday, September 4, 2011

"East End & West End"

The painting is by Susan Baker. 
She sits in her gallery in Truro

Provincetown does not only give us fun times, that town also gives me many eye-candy views. Sunrise to Sunset, Sparkling Stars Filled Sky at night. 
I still remember the first time I saw the town from the boat. The monument that sticks up in the middle of town, is an exact replica of the "Campanile(Bell Tower)" in Siena.  
That view always makes me say with a smile,"I'm Baaaaaack !"
End of the pier hits Commercial Street, the main drag of town. It goes through from the beginning of town to very end.  At the cross roads of that spot, there was always "Dancing Policeman" doing traffic control like he was dancing. It was almost like seeing break-dancing.  He is no longer there anymore, but every time I walk to that spot I remember him. 
And Bikes, where ever you go in P-Town you will see bikes.  The first thing you do in P-Town is rent a bike. It becomes your transportation during your stay.  You definitely need to have a bike to get to Beaches.  Once you start riding it, you will feel like you are a local, especially if you already have TAN.  If you don't have one yet, you may need to work on that immediately..... 
One of things I do every visit is walking though the West End of Commercial Street to see the houses to make sure my favorite ones are still there.  They may have gotten fresh paint, or flowers in the front yard may have changed by new owner.  But they are still welcoming with lots of charm. 
This time I also walked the East End.  Beyond "Old School House" (now it became Galleries & Artists Studios) I do not visit by Walking much.  
Of course I found many lovely houses in that area as many as in the West End.  
There is only one Brick House in P-Town which belonged to Norman Mailer who spent his summer months in P-Town.  I think you can visit that house if you want to see.  But for me that house is out of place for P-Town.
I always say to myself if I have money to have a Summer House it will be in that sea-town, I even know which one will be the One for me.....


"A Dozen in The West End"
This is where Commercial Street makes a curve.
This means, the quiet part of the West End starts.

Those 3 Rocking Chairs are always outside having coordinated pillows.

I call this one, "Perfect House"

Love the front Garden and the pathway to the door.

"Blue House"

 "La Princepessa (the princess) / Pink House"
As you can see those 2 houses are exactly are same houses.
Count the windows will you ?

I have a thing about "Ivey & Picket Fences"

Unusual shape of the roof.

Our friend told me that the interior is completely redone.

Barn Shutter like windows are so big.
When they kept open, you can see everything in the room.

"Houses on the Pier" 
Somebody told me, people are on a waiting list for years to stay there.

"Picture Perfect House in the West End"

 "A Dozen in the East End"
"Picture Perfect House in the East End"

Sunflowers are perfect accessories for this house.

Picket Fence and Trellised Wall & Roof are waiting to be covered with ivy.

This house used be a Garage ?

May be fun to sit on the verandah watching people passing all day long.

Victorian by the Sea.

A Small Octagonal Window makes this house so charming.

Can you see the Ocean thought the living room ?

Somehow I love this "Rustic Bungalow"

"Norman Mailer's House".  
He spent most of Summers in this house when he was alive.

This is my second favorite house minus the red car.

This is the one I want, if I get money to buy a Summer House.
This one even has a name "IOTA Cottage"


If you decided to go visit P-Town or you are in P-town right now, you can find those houses easily. 
I didn't walk thought side streets of the town with my camera in this visit. 
So if you do, you will see more pretty houses. You can take pictures of them to add to this post as you wish. I'm more than happy to have photos of other house in P-Town before next Summer.
There are many interesting Views of Houses I documented in my "East & West Ends of P-Town Walk". 
Here are some views I thought I had to include in this Blog-post...
  
"GREEN  ENTRANCES"

"SEA VISTAS"

"GATES"

Iconic Photo of P-Town featuring houses on the Pier.
Blue Sky, Blue Water and the Monument.

If you have time & energy to climb up stairs in the monument,
this is the view you will see at the top of that tower.
You are looking at the East Half of Provincetown.

No comments:

Post a Comment