Sunday, December 23, 2012

"Dyker Heights Extravaganza"





Christmas is only a few days away, is everybody ready ?
I know one place where it looks like Christmas has already arrived.  It is in Brooklyn, the neighborhood called "Dyker Heights"   I've been wanting to go there for a while to see how Houses are decorated for Christmas.  It is a very well known place for outragous lights & figurines.  I believe there is even a special bus-tour you can take from Manhattan to visit there to see the Light Show in Winter Nights.
My new neighbors kindly took me there by their car to see the Extravaganza this week, before Christmas.  It is so much more than I expected to see.  It is so much more than a few blocks where you see houses with lights and Ornaments in the front yards, entrances, steps, and windows.
Some homes are done by professionals.  But some of them are done by house owners.  Somehow you can tell which ones are done by whom.
We were wondering how much their electric Bills will be this month ?  
Never the less it is fun walking around blocks of houses, even if it is getting very cold in New York City....
  

















If you are looking for some excitement for your Holiday Week, why don't you visit there ?  Even if you think you are too old to do things like that, you will be walking though Dyker Heights in the Cold Winter Nights with a big smile on your face...
If you have a small child in the family make sure to bundled them up, then take them with you.  I can guaranty they will have so much fun !
I'm so sure that I'll be back next year....


No comments:

Post a Comment