Monday, December 31, 2012

"Holiday Home"



Some of my friends in Japan are asking what I'm doing for the Holidays.
In Japan, Christmas is not a big holiday.  It is a regular day, people will not get off from work.  
New Year's Day is the biggest holiday of the year.  Most business will be closed on the 30th through  January 5th.  It almost likeThanksgiving Day and Christmas got together.  We do have Religious Traditions. Special Food will be served on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.  So, many people will be traveling to be home before January 1st.  Many of my friends in Tokyo will be traveling to get to their homes to cerebrate New Year's with their family in their home town.  Naturally they are asking me what I'm doing at the end of the Year.
I'm not traveling for sure, but I have more than a few things to do before this year's end and New Year's Day.
Even though I had a quite busy Holiday Season, I could managed to have some happy decorations in our home, thanks to Jonathan.  I didn't have time to get Fresh Christmas Tree for this year, but I had a chance to take Christmas Tree Ornaments out from their boxes.  It has been a quite while since the last time I used them for the tree.  I do remember how and where I got them.  Christmas Ornaments always brings back so many happy memories, don't they ?
Here is how my home looks for a few more days.  Happy Holidays Everybody ! 


Christmas Decoration on the front door.
Left-Over Fabric from a Coat.

Leather Star From Bill Amberg in London.
Red LED Star.

Jonathan's Art StudioMate's HandMade Christmas Card.

Christmas Cards from friends decorate the Windowsill.

My Christmas Tree (an antique barn ladder) in Day Light.

Oshougatsu Kokeshi from Fukushima, Japan.
&
Glass Candies from Venice, Italy.

Miniature Christmas Tree on the Windowsill.

 Antique Indian Wedding Sari at the end of hallway.
Jonathan's Ganesh Collection is the perfect companion.

Jonathan's Heirloom Water Lily Bowl is filled with 
Glass Christmas Balls I collected thought the years.

This is my ChristmasTree for this year.
 Red Ball Shaped Christmas Lights are covering an Triangular Ladder.
Special Glass Ornaments are hanging from the rungs.
If I could get the aroma from a Pine Tree, this room will be perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment