Friday, December 7, 2012

"White Vegetable Petals"



I had an another visit last weekend from my new friend who is a floral designer.  She showed up at my door with yet another Bouquet.  This time it was White Anemone Bouquet.  She told me that it will get bigger as they open.  
Yes, this arrangement is getting bigger and bigger as the white flowers are opining up.  And those flower petals are so much bigger than when they arrived.
I already invited another friend for her delayed birthday brunch.  I wanted to serve something fresh and light for Sunday afternoon.  This white Bouquet set the tone for that afternoon.  Simple & Elegant !   
Since she knew I made a new style of Vegetable Basket for Thanksgiving Day, I wanted to make a Vegetable Petal Arrangement for her.  
It's inspiration was "White Anemone Dome"


"With Morning Sun Light"
If this doesn't give you some sort of creative inspiration, what does ?

As White Anemone Bouquet gets morning sun light, each flower petal shows more textures and colors.  They are not just white.  I start seeing Greens and Yellows in them.  And green leaves below sneak through the flowers and make the bouquet more natural.  Particularly arranged straight flower stems are so pretty in the simple grass cylinder.
My Vegetable Petals must be simple and elegant on the same table for the Birthday Brunch.
The previous day I got my new favorite Winter Root Vegetable.  "Kohl Rabi" comes in White and Purple at the Farmers' Market.  I chose purple ones.  
But when I peeled their skin, white apple-like flesh came out.  This my new favorite veggies makes Perfect White Petals.  The taste is almost like a not too sweet apple.  If I mix them with "Daikon Radish Petals" they will make perfect combination for "White Vegetable Petals"  
So, here comes again, I was arranging vegetable petals for the party !






When you have perfect flowers on the table, you really don't need to do much to make it beautiful.  Just keep the rest simple, the bouquet does the work.  
White Flowers and White Vegetable Petals welcomed my dear friend for Sunday Afternoon Birthday Brunch.
I still had "Dukkah" for dipping, simple Baby Carrots and Italian Bread Sticks wrapped with Prosciutto made perfect appetizers before I started making Brioche French Toasts with Fresh Berry Medley.  This one is a perfect brunch menu for any season of the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment