Monday, November 1, 2010

"Bungie Knots"



I forgot to put in one more photo for "Big Bambu".  It's a my scarf photo. 
This is what I was wearing that day. Just remember I didn't know what that installation was all about.  I had no idea how many Bungie-cords were used for it, and how many beautiful colors of Bungie-cords exist and how they kept those cords at the site. Just like tons of yarn are knotted on the bamboo racks. Looks like a "Yarn Shop", doesn't it ?  
I guess that is the best way to keep them in order, it is funny to see I'm wearing my scarves same way as bunches of Bungie-cords are knotted.
This scarf was given from "NUNO" when Jonathan threw a fantastic Big Birthday Bash for me in Paris some years ago.
Sayuri-san was one of many friends who came from many countries to celebrate my birthday in Paris.  She brought me this stole from Tokyo with a lovely note. I do have to talk about "that day" someday.
The scarf is 100% Rayon. Mixture of Blue, Yellow, Gray and Black & White all woven into one stole.
Believe it or not, I reach for this one so often I've started washing it myself in the washing machine. It is still holding up nicely after more than few years.  This is one of many reason I reach for this one so often Fall to early Spring.
Shall I talk about this Coat/Jacket ?
It is one of my favorite fabrics I found in NYC. It is "Needle Punched Cotton Velvet".  Think of a Cotton Velvet Burn-out Fabric laying the table, and then you put one more layer of light weight Wool Felt on top. Then needle punch them together.  That is the fabric this Coat/Jacket made of. It is light but keeps me warm, especially with a great stole with it !

1 comment: