Saturday, December 31, 2011

"Good Bye '11, Hello 2012"




Some places on Earth are already New Years.  
But here in New York, we are still waiting for this horrible year to be finished.  
Let us hope the coming year is going to be a much happier year.
Many people who came from other places have started gathering in "Times Square" to see the Crystal Ball coming down.  
Most New Yorkers do not even get close to midtown.  If we are so interested to see the ball falling, chances are we're watching it on TV.  Tell you the truth I did witness it once in the 80s, but once is more than enough.  It gets so crazy !
I'd rather think that Happy New Year is slowly silently getting closer to us just like a "Noh Player's Walk"  They walk with no sound, feet never leaving the wooden floor.  It is almost like looking at somebody walking on a cloud with such elegance. I started to look for an image of that walk a few days ago, then I was lucky enough to find one. 
In the process of doing that I found other images which I can associate with the End of Year thru New Year's.
I usually post only the photos I make, but today I made a exception.  So that I can share the feelings of happiness and calmness with you readers of my blog.   And I very much wanted to celebrate with hope for New Year.  So, here they are...






We New Yorkers always give you the best parties for the occasions.
Some of our friends are doing a "Mid-Night Run" in the Central Park.
They do have great Fireworks as well.
If I have energy to cross Times Square to go up there, 
I'll have photos of that event.
But I have a feeling that I'll be home, looking at it on TV.

"Good Bye 2011" 
The Happy Dancing is just about to start !



No comments:

Post a Comment