Saturday, October 16, 2010

I have to talk about "NUNO".

This will be my third time to talk about "Scarves".  By the way I have to talk about difference between "Scarf" & "Stole", but it need some research to make sure that I'm not making mistakes.  So that has to wait for a while for me to blog...

Do you know the company in Tokyo called "NUNO" ?
"Nuno" means "Cloth" in Japanese.
They produce textiles for home and fashion in Japan. 
If you ever shopped in "MOMA" Gift shops in New York City, you probably have seen their scarves.  I know them very well.  Every time I go back to visit Japan, I have to visit their shop in Roppongi,Tokyo.  Last visit was October '09. 
First visit of that trip was on the first full day in Tokyo.  I asked Mr Ueno to make me a scarf with special length, and a white cotton shirt for my size.  Remember, I have been living in New York City for so long that my eating habits are no longer the Japanese ones.  Sadly Japanese sizes are not suitable for me any longer.  As for my scarf, I love mine to be very long.   I asked him to make mine a double length, so that I can play with it more.




Mr. Ueno always takes care of me with smile when I go visit "NUNO" to purchase things.  I think I met him in New York for the first time.  I took him around Chelsea for gallery walk.
That was before 9/11.  Back then Chelsea was nothing like it is right now.  There were galleries already in business, but less than maybe 20 of them.  All located below 24th Street back then.  Nothing was happening above 24th Street yet. "Hight Line" was still a project to talk about.  We all though it would never happen.  Now even my friends from Tokyo know what it is.  I'm sure it is the Best New Thing in NYC.




Back to "NUNO".  Second visit of that trip was right before our departure. I had to pick my orders up.  And of course, I got some fabrics for my clothing collection.
"NUNO" makes clothing as well, but they do only for Ladies.  Like Jonathan always says " Ladies  have all the fun !"  And, I do agree !!
The NUNO Clothing Line is available for wholesale in USA.  Ms. Shimoda is bringing the collection to show in NYC for quite some time.  She was just here for that reason in late September.  
I went to see the Spring '11 Collection, of course.  There were many lovely things in it.  I'm so glad that they make only Ladies'.  Other wise I have to start thinking about what I'm going to wear next Spring.
I just changed my closet to Fall ~ Winter.  We call it "Koromo Gae" in Japan. 
Means "Changing Clothes".  We do change drawers and closet twice in a year.  At the same time we clean clothes before putting them away until next year,and bring out new season's wardrobes to get air to freshening up.
Sayuri-san (Ms. Shimoda) always bring something for Jonathan and me.  This time we got new scarves.  Of course they are from "NUNO".  These are brand new designs.  I'll take the "Black & White", Jonathan will take the "Black & Blue" without complaining.  This one will be very handy for beginning of new season.  And she knows what color is good for him and me.  We don't have to fight  to choose.


These are the new scarves from Sayuri-san.
It is getting cold in New York, perfect scarves for us to use now.
Thank you so much Sayuri-san !

No comments:

Post a Comment