Thursday, October 7, 2010

Season is changing at the market !

As I commented before, I go to the Farmer's Market almost every Saturday for Produce. 
There is one farmer who brings us fantastic Grapes. They will come to Union Square only 8 ~10 weeks each year. They are Buzzard Crest Vineyards.
They have with or without seeds, at least 4 kinds of grapes for each. You can try them before you choose which one to buy. But you are not allowed to touch the merchandises. 
I love the way they do bossiness as well !  Don't forget to try their Grape-Juice.  You will love them.
Girls at the stand recognize me by now...
If you never tried their Grapes you should do this weekend.  We have only few more weeks to go.
They say Halloween Weekend is the final weekend for them to come to the city.
At the end of season the thing I do is get more that I can eat, then wash them then put into Freezer. 
Just make sure to take off the stems, then wash and dry them well before start freeze them.
During the Fall, you can have them as an almost-candy when you need to have "sweet fix".
You may be surprised to find out that it is better than Ice Cream... At least for me.
When I start freeze them I'll show you what it looks like.  
But for now, I will enjoy fresh Grapes !




Here are the Grapes along with Grape-Tomatoes, which I have every weekend during Spring~ Summer.
Slice them in half and put Julianned Basil add Olive-oil and toss. If tomatoes are not sweet enough to your taste, you can always add some Balsamic-vineger to them.  OH! if you have left over, you can make a lovely Pasta-sauce with them.  I was living on them along with the Corn during the Summer.
Some of you are better cooks than me, if so you don't have to pay attention to my cooking tips.  But some of my friends are asking about my cooking, so I'll do it occasionally.   
Be wear !!


I may try to have Rosemary in the room though out the Fall for the fragrance. This way I don't have to go to Brooklyn to get "Russian Caravan Tea"( Room Perfume ) from "CB I Hate Perfume".
Do you know the place I'm talking about ?   There is a fantastic shop in Willamsberg call "CB Perfume Gallery".  Christopher makes fantastic Perfumes for us and homes.  If you like great fragrances like I do, you should give yourself a visit !   If you don't like dogs, be wear, he has lovely Big Dog in his shop.
I've been visiting to that shop more than a few years !  One of my friends, Tomoko, who lives in Tokyo has to have "Lavender Tea".  She said that everybody asks her what she is wearing ?
Of course she will say, "You can't have it, it's from New York City !"

No comments:

Post a Comment